Visiting Soaring Spirit Yoga Studio
- Please remove your shoes before entering the asana room as a way of respecting the ancient tradition of the East and to provide a clean environment in which to practice.
- Try not to eat at least 2 hours before your practice. You will enjoy your practice much more.
- Give yourself a pause – arrive 10 minutes early so you don’t have to rush. Please be as quiet and undisruptive as possible if you arrive late to class and class has already begun in order to help maintain our sacred space.
- We have mats in the studio that you may use but it is not as hygienic or as meaningful as practicing on your own mat. If you borrow one of our mats, please clean it with our studio mat spray after use. Please bring a towel if you think you need one for sweat and/or slippery mats. There are a few towels available for your use if you forget to bring your own.
- Wear comfortable clothes, most students wear yoga pants, leggings or shorts and a t-shirt or tank top.
- Stay hydrated and bring a water bottle. We do have a water cooler available for your use on a donation basis.
- Please be considerate of students in class by keeping your voice down around the asana room when a class is in session.
On The Mat
- Please try not to step on other students’ yoga mats.
- Always inform the instructor of any injuries or physical limitations you have that may affect your ability to participate fully in class.
- Listen to your body, pushing yourself into pain is not part of a yoga practice. Remember, yoga is not a competition – it is a practice of your own pace and level.
- Please do not come to class if you have any contagious condition.
- Please be on time for class. If you are late, we ask that you do not enter the yoga room until the initial “centering” is over. Please do not leave the room during savasana (final relaxation).
- Help us keep the studio well organized. If you use props, please, take the time to replace them neatly in their “proper” place.
- It is ok to sweat during practice. It assists the purification process through movement and heat. Bring your own towel or practice rug to absorb sweat–our blankets are not to be used for the purpose!
- Please do not bring food or beverages in the asana area except for water.
- If a student arrives late, be gracious and make room!
- Please keep the yoga room tidy during class by placing all personal belongings (wallets etc) in the cubbies outside the asana room, not near your mat. Our instructors lock the front door during class to ensure safety and security while in class.
- Find comfort and ease and stability in your practice. Struggling and straining are not part of the practice. It is always okay to pause, take child’s pose or a rest if that is what your body is calling for