Schedule and Required Hours of Attendance
(times, topics and instructors are subject to change)
Friday evenings we meet from 5-9pm and will typically have an asana practice included. Saturdays we meet at 12:30 (after lunch) and have lecture, discussion and hands on practice. Typically we will end around 7:30pm. Sundays we meet at 9am for Nancy’s All Levels Vinyasa class and trainees are welcome to take the 10:30am Yin class afterwards. We reconvene at 12pm (there is no additional lunch break) and end around 6pm.
Tuition includes an unlimited class pass for the duration of the program with a minimum of 3 classes attended per week. 25 of those classes must be completed with a 200 E- RYT or higher in order to graduate!
** These classes must be attended at SSYS unless pre-approved by the Director.
Weekend #1: With Nancy, Cyndi and Kelley: Meet and greet, expectations and ethics, Be wide open like the sky. Your journey is your highest teacher. Your Dharma is to be exactly yourself.
- Friday September 7, 5-9pm
- Saturday September 8, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday September 9, 9:00am-6pm
Weekend #2: With Cyndi and Nancy: Anatomy Weekend: The Spine, Lower Body and Upper Body; basic pranayama and meditation, bandhas and setting an intention for class.
- Friday October 12, 5-9pm
- Saturday October 13, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday October 14, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #3: With Nancy and Kelley: alignment of standing and balancing poses. Satchidananda – the goal of teaching is to connect with alignment.
- Friday November 2, 5-9pm
- Saturday November 3, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday November 4, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #4: With Nancy, Kelley and special guest Gita: Alignment of forward folds, backbends, twists and inversions, modifications and assists. Mantra and 108. The power of storytelling and seeing your life.
- Friday December 7, 5-9pm
- Saturday December 8, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday December 9, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #5: With Nancy and Kelley: Holding space and basic sequencing, alignment overview, therapeutics. Self love, Compassion.
- Friday January 11, 5-9pm
- Saturday January 12, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday January 13, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #6: With Nancy and Cyndi: Ayurveda Overview, Restorative
- Friday February 1, 5-9pm
- Saturday February 2, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday February 3, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #7: With Nancy and Kelley: Krama, Intelligence of Sequencing
- Friday March 1, 5-9pm
- Saturday March 2, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday March 3, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #8: With Nancy and Kelley: Yin, designing a full spectrum class, prenatal and special populations
- Friday April 5, 5-9pm
- Saturday April 6, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday April 7, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #9: With Nancy: Ethics, Business of Yoga, Discussion of Final Exam, practice teaching
- Friday May 3, 5-9pm
- Saturday May 4, 12:30-7:30pm
- Sunday May 5, 9:00a-6:00pm
Weekend #10: With Nancy, Kelley and Cyndi: Final Exam, Pot Luck & Graduation!
- Friday June 21, 5-9pm
- Saturday June 22, 12:30-TBD
Director – Nancy Talley, 500 E-RYT
Lead Instructor – Kelley Daya Gallop, 500 RYT, RPYT
Anatomy, Physiology and Ayurveda – Cyndi Tran, 500 E-RYT, C-IAYT, TN
Guest Instructor – Gita Zember 200 E-RYT, 500 RYT, RCYT
$ 350 non-refundable deposit
$ 2500 remainder of tuition
Cash, check, credit card and payment plan options.
* total program fee includes all training dates, a training manual and an unlimited class pass for the duration of YTT
**minimum of 25 hours of yoga class time with a key staff member 200 E-RYT or higher must be completed during program in order to complete 200 hour RYT requirements; additional hours of mentoring can be provided for an additional fee.
Other important links about Teacher Training: